Tim Heidecker Overview:
Quick Tim Heidecker Facts:
- Tim Heidecker was born and raised in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
- In 2004, Heidecker and his comedy partner, Eric Wareheim, created and starred in their first series, Tom Goes to the Mayor. The show ran until 2006 on Adult Swim, and was produced by Bob Odenkirk of Mr. Show with Bob and David fame.
- In 2007, Heidecker and Wareheim created Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, a sketch show for Adult Swim with a huge cult following. The show aired until 2010.
- In 2012, he and Wareheim wrote, directed and starred in Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie, which played at the Sundance Film Festival before receiving a limited theatrical release.
Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!:
After collaborating for two seasons of the partially-animated Tom Goes to the Mayor on Adult Swim, Heidekcer reteamed with partner Eric Wareheim for a new Adult Swim series, the absurdist sketch comedy series Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!. Premiering in 2007, the show (with episodes that run around 10 minutes each) features bizarre sketches, faux infomercials, talk show parodies (the most famous of which featured John C. Reilly as Dr. Steve Brule) and more. The series became a huge cult hit, running for five seasons and included a huge roster of guest stars, including Brian Posehn, David Cross, Patton Oswalt, Fred Armisen, Zach Galifianakis, Jeff Goldblum, Marilyn Manson, John Mayer, "Weird Al" Yankovic and many, many more.
The success of Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! inspired an album of music, a live tour and, in 2012, a feature film, Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie.
Additional Tim Heidecker Facts:
- Heidecker hosts a movie discussion podcast called On Cinema.
- He had a small role in the hit 2011 comedy Bridesmaids, playing the husband-to-be of Maya Rudolph.
- He and Wareheim directed a popular series of Old Spice commercials featuring Terry Crews in 2010.
- Heidecker is also an accomplished musician and has released two albums with Davin Wood (a musical contributor for Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) under the name Heidecker & Wood: Starting from Nowhere in 2011 and Songs in the Key of Cain, an album of songs devoted to one-time Presidential candidate Herman Cain.