Tommy Johnagin Overview:
Tommy Johnagin is one of the best young comics of his generation. With a deadpan delivery and quick, sharp writing, he's reminiscent of Louis C.K. -- only less dark and without all the cursing. His comedy is a mix of observational humor (though much smarter and funnier than the average "Have you ever noticed?" variety) and utter self-deprecation.
Quick Tommy Johnagin Facts:
- Tommy Johnagin hails from Benton, Illinois.
- He began performing stand-up comedy at age 18.
- In 2010, Johnagin was runner-up on the NBC reality series Last Comic Standing, coming in second to winner Felipe Esparza.
- Johnagin released his first comedy album, Stand Up Comedy, in 2009.
- His second album, the appropriately-titled Stand Up Comedy 2, was released in 2011.
Additional Tommy Johnagin Facts:
- Johnagin has performed stand-up on Comedy Central's Live at Gotham and CMT Comedy Stage.
- His big break came during the 2007 Just for Laughs Montreal festival. It led to his first appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman in 2008.
- In 2009, Johnagin shot his very own 30-minute Comedy Central Presents stand-up special.
- He has always worked clean and does not curse in his act.
If you like Tommy Johnagin, check out: