September 4, 1982
Whitney Cummings Overview:
Comedian, actress and writer Whitney Cummings looks like a model but talks like a sailor for that rare combination of beauty and filth. A rising star of Comedy Central roasts
, Cummings takes brutal honesty to new highs and lows in her act. As evidenced on her debut album, Emotional Ninja
, Cummings is a pro at finding new ways to spin routines on what it's like to be a single woman in the dating world.
Quick Whitney Cummings Facts:
- Whitney Cummings grew up around Washington D.C. and attended the University of Pennsylvania, where she graduated from in just three years.
- She began performing stand-up comedy in 2004.
- In 2008, she got a big break when she appeared on the late-night HBO stand-up series Down and Dirty with Jim Norton.
- In 2009, Cummings was one of the guest roasters on The Comedy Central Roast of Joan Rivers.
- Also in 2009, she released her debut stand-up album, Emotional Ninja.
- In 2010, Cummings' first hour-long stand-up special, Money Shot, debuted on Comedy Central.
- In 2011, she created and starred in her own NBC sitcom, Whitney.
Additional Whitney Cummings Facts:
- In 2007, Variety named Whitney Cummings as one of 10 Comics to Watch.
- She is a creator, writer and star of the stand-up series Live Nude Comedy, which debuted on Showtime in 2009.
- Cummings is a frequent guest on Chelsea Handler's late-night talk show Chelsea Lately on E!.
- She was also a regular contributor to The Tony Rock Project on MyNetwork TV.
- In 2010, Cummings was one of the most memorable roasters on The Comedy Central Roast of David Hasselhoff.
- In addition to creating, writing and starring in Whitney for NBC, Cummings co-created the sitcom 2 Broke Girls for CBS alongside Michael Patrick King.
- In 2012, Cummings began hosting her own weekly late-night talk show, Love You, Mean It on E!. The show was canceled after 12 episodes in early 2013.