July 15, 1976
Gabriel Iglesias Overview:
Because of his heavyset appearance, comedian Gabriel Iglesias has dubbed himself "The Fluffy Man"; a good deal of his act is related to his weight and appearance. He also performs observational comedy about race and growing up Hispanic in America. Known for his high energy and cartoonish character voices, Iglesias always seems to be having a ton of fun on stage. His audiences can usually say the same.
Quick Gabriel Iglesias Facts:
- Gabriel Iglesias was born and raised in San Diego, California.
- He began performing stand-up comedy in 1997 at the age of 21.
- Iglesias taped his first half-hour Comedy Central Presents stand-up special in 2003. It was named "Half-hour Special of the Year" by Comedy Central viewers in 2003.
- In 2007, his first hour-long stand-up special debuted on Comedy Central. The special, Hot and Fluffy, was also released as a DVD and went triple platinum.
- His second hour-long stand-up special, I'm Not Fat...I'm Fluffy, was released in 2009.
Additional Gabriel Iglesias Facts:
- Iglesias released a double-CD stand-up album in 2009, called We Luv Fluffy. It combines live shows recorded in Atlanta and San Antonio.
- In 2006, Iglesias was a finalist on the NBC summer reality competition series Last Comic Standing. He was disqualified, however, for a rules violation when he was caught using a Blackberry.
- In the early 2000s, he was a regular on the Nickelodeon sketch series All That.