June 5, 1962
Jeff Garlin Overview:
Jeff Garlin is a veteran stand-up and improvisational comedian out of Chicago that can regularly be seen putting his improv talents to use on the HBO comedy series Curb Your Enthusiasm. As a stand-up, Garlin is more of a monologist; his one-man shows are built on long, personal stories rather than traditional set-up/joke structures.
Quick Jeff Garlin Facts:
- Jeff Garlin was born in Chicago, Illinois, in 1962.
- He began performing stand-up comedy while studying film at the University of Miami in the 1980s.
- Garlin returned to Chicago and became a regular cast member at Second City.
- In 2000, Garlin began starring on Larry David's improvisational HBO comedy series Curb Your Enthusiasm as Larry's agent, Jeff Greene.
- He has written and starred in three one-man shows: Uncomplicated, Concentrated and I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With. In 2006, Garlin wrote, directed and starred in a feature film adaptation of Cheese, which co-starred Bonnie Hunt and Sarah Silverman.
In 2009, Garlin released his first stand-up album and DVD, called Young and Handsome: A Night with Jeff Garlin. It was recorded before sold-out audiences at Chicago's Second City and directed by comedian Bob Odenkirk.
Additional Jeff Garlin Facts:
- While working as a comedian in Chicago, Garlin was roommates with future talk show host Conan O'Brien for a short time.
- In 2006, Garlin helmed director John Waters' one-man show This Filthy World.
- He is a regular performer at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in Los Angeles.