September 30, 1965
Kathleen Madigan Overview:
Growing up with seven siblings in a strict Irish Catholic family, it's easy to see how Kathleen Madigan developed such a sarcastic sense of humor. A veteran club comic and finalist on Last Comic Standing, Madigan's comedy is dry, working-class observational humor that distinguishes her from so many other female comics.
Quick Kathleen Madigan Facts:
- Kathleen Madigan was born in Missouri in 1965. She is one of seven children in her Irish Catholic family.
- She has released three albums and two stand-up specials, both of which are available on DVD.
- In 1996, Madigan was named "Funniest Female Stand-up Comic" at the American Comedy Awards.
- In 2004, she was a finalist on the NBC reality series Last Comic Standing and was the only contestant who went unchallenged by any of the other comics that season. She returned to the show as a talent scout during its 2007 season.
Kathleen Madigan Albums and Comedy Specials:
- Kathleen Madigan Live (1998) (CD)
- Shallow Happy Thoughts for the Soul (2002)
- In Other Words (2006) (CD & DVD)
- Gone Madigan (2011) (DVD)
Additional Kathleen Madigan Facts:
- Madigan performed alongside her good friend and fellow comic Lewis Black for two USO tours of Iraq and Afghanistan.
- She hosts her own show on Blue Collar Radio on SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio.
- In 2007, Madigan received the most listener votes and won the SIRIUS Radio Comedy Cu, beating out previous favorite Larry the Cable Guy.
- She was a writer for Garry Shandling when he hosted the Emmy Awards in 2004 and 2005.