Katt Williams Overview:
Quick Katt Williams Facts:
- Micah S. Katt Williams was born in Cleveland and raised in Dayton, Ohio, in the early 1970s.
- By 1999, Williams was a fixture at several L.A. comedy clubs including The Improv, The Comedy Club and The Icehouse, and began appearing regularly on the BET stand-up showcase series Comic View..
- He has recorded and released seven stand-up specials and feature-length concert films over the course of his career.
- He is the father of eight children: one biological and seven adopted kids.
- From 2005 to 2008, Williams was a regular fixture on the MTV comedy game show Nick Cannon's Wild 'n Out.
- Williams has had legal troubles from much of his career, and in 2012 had to cut two stand up gigs short after getting into with hecklers; days later, he was arrested for allegedly assaulting someone on his tour bus.
Katt Williams Stand-up Specials and Concert Films:
- Katt Williams Live: Let a Playa Play (2006)
- The Pimp Chronicles Pt. 1 (2006)
- American Hustle (2007)
- It's Pimpin' Pimpin' (2008)
- Katt Williams: Pimpadelic (2009)
- Katt Williams: 9 Lives (2010)
- Kattpacalypse (2012)
Select Katt Williams Filmography:
- Friday After Next (2002)
- Norbit (2007)
- The Perfect Holiday (2007)
- First Sunday (2008)
- Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (2010)
- Scary Movie 5 (2013)
Katt Williams Legal Problems:
Throughout his career, Katt Williams has had multiple run-ins with the police and court system. He was arrested in 2006 when a stolen gun was found in his luggage at a Los Angeles airport, for which he was fined and sentenced to three years probation. In 2010, he was arrested and charged with burglary and criminal trespass after being accused of stealing money and jewelry from a home in Georgia. He was arrested again in 2011 in conjunction with an assault on a tractor driver in Los Angeles, and again in 2012 for allegedly beating a man with a bottle on board his tour bus.
In addition to his arrests, Williams had to end two performances early in November of 2012 (just prior to his arrest in connection with the tour bus incident): the first after jumping off a stage in Denver to confront a heckler in the audience, and the second after being taken off stage by security in California, again for getting into it with a heckler. One audience member from the California show filed a class action lawsuit against Williams to be compensated for the cost of his ticket.
Additional Katt Williams Facts:
- He had a recurring role on the Damon Wayans sitcom My Wife and Kids.
- In 2007, Williams was the Roastmaster at the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav, which also featured appearances by Greg Giraldo, Patton Oswalt, Lisa Lampanelli, Jeff Ross, Snoop Dogg, Carrot Top and more.
- He has appeared as a guest rapper on tracks from artists like Baby Bash, Suga Free and The Game under the name Money Mike (the name of his character from his breakout film role in Friday After Next).
- In 2006, Williams hosted the first-ever BET Hip Hop Awards.
- Following his success on Wild n' Out, Katt Williams joined the cast of a second Nick Cannon sketch show for MTV, Nick Cannon Presents Short Circuitz. The series lasted less than a month before being canceled.
- In 2009, Williams released Katt Williams Presents: Katthouse Comedy, a stand-up showcase DVD featuring performances from Red Grant, Luenell and Melanie Comarcho.