John Mulaney Overview:
One of the country's best comedians under age 30, John Mulaney has been funny since joining his first sketch comedy troupe at age 7. A writer for Saturday Night Live and touring stand-up, Mulaney performs smart, articulate, ironically detached comedy without ever being pretentious. The oddly mature comic draws from old-school influences like Jack Benny and Burns & Allen, though his comedy is anything but old fashioned. He mixes observational humor with old-fashioned storytelling, all delivered with expert timing and a knack for getting laughs out of the way he can pronounce a single word.
Quick John Mulaney Facts:
- John Mulaney was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois.
- He was in his first sketch comedy group, called The Rugrats, at age 7.
- His first stand-up performance was in New York in 2003, when he was just 21 years old.
- He joined the writing staff of Saturday Night Live in 2008.
- His first album, The Top Part, was released in March of 2009.
- In April 2009, Mulaney's own Comedy Central Presents stand-up special premiered.
- His second album (and first hour-long Comedy Central special), New in Town, was released in January 2012.
Additional John Mulaney Facts: