Ron White Overview:
Quick Ron White Facts:
- Ron White hails from Fritch, Texas.
- He began doing stand-up in the late 1980s.
- In 2000, he joined the hugely successful Blue Collar Comedy Tour and became a comedy star.
- He has released three comedy albums and three stand-up DVDs, as well as a book, I Had the Right to Remain Silent...But I Didn't Have the Ability, in 2006.
- His 2006 album, You Can't Fix Stupid, was nominated for a Grammy for Outstanding Comedy Album. His 2013 album A Little Unprofessional was also nominated.
Ron White Discography:
- Tater Salad a.k.a Busted in Des Moines (1990)
- Drunk in Public (2003) (CD)
- They Call Me "Tater" Salad (2004) (DVD)
- You Can't Fix Stupid (2006) (CD & DVD)
- The Ron White Show (2006) (DVD)
- Behavioral Problems (2009) (CD & DVD)
Ron White: Blue Collar Comedian:
From 2000 until 2003, White was a member of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour alongside Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall and Larry the Cable Guy. The tour sold out theaters across the country and grossed over $15 million, making White a huge comedy star.
He left the tour in 2003, and the same year released his first major-label comedy album, Drunk in Public. The album went Gold.
Additional Ron White Facts:
- White's nickname, "Tater Salad," supposedly has its origins in his days in Fritch, Texas, where he was arrested and told the police his name was "Tater Salad." It is permanently on his arrest record.
- While performing stand-up around Texas throughout the 1990s, White released several albums on the local Laughing Hyena label.
- Ron White is the only of the "Blue Collar" comedians not to star on their sketch comedy series, Blue Collar TV, though he did make several guest appearances.
- In 2005, White shot a pilot called The Ron White Show. The mix of stand-up, sketch comedy and animation was aired on the WB but wasn't picked up for series, but is available on DVD.
- In 2008, White was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Though found guilty in early 2009, White did not have to serve any jail time.