Tammy Pescatelli Overview:
When comedian Tammy Pescatelli is asked where she gets her inspiration for her comedy, her answer is "I wake up." Culling from her own life, her Italian upbringing in a large family and her observations about the world around her, Pescatelli has plugged away for years on the club circuit and developed a large and devoted following for her brand of sarcastic stand-up. Her hard work has paid off, and in 2010 Pescatelli garnered the most votes to be named the winner of Comedy Central's Stand-up Showdown
Quick Tammy Pescatelli Facts:
- Tammy Pescatelli was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Before getting her start in comedy, Pescatelli worked as an actress, spokesperson and radio host.
- She began performing stand-up comedy in 1994.
- In 2003, she made her national debut on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- In 2004, Pescatelli finished as a finalist on Season Two of the NBC summer reality series Last Comic Standing. She returned to compete in the Season Three "Battle of the Best."
- In 2009, she finished in fifth place in Comedy Central's Stand-up Showdown. In 2010, she was the number one vote-getter and was crowned winner of the Stand-up Showdown.
Additional Tammy Pescatelli Facts:
- In 2006, Pescatelli taped her own half-hour Comedy Central Presents stand-up special.
- Pescatelli worked as the morning show co-host on KPXR-FM in Illinois from 1992 to 1994.
- She won the national "Bud Light Ladies of Laughter" competition in 2000.
- Pescatelli has acted in supporting roles in several films, including Made in Brooklyn and Everybody Wants to Be Italian.
- In addition to The Tonight Show, she's made appearances on Last Call with Carson Daly, Evening at the Improv, Comics Unleased and The Dennis Miller Show.