June 4, 1981
T.J. Miller Overview:
Stand-up comedian and actor T.J. Miller's background ranges from classically trained acting to sketch comedy
, and it all comes through in his comedy. With film and TV credits including Cloverfield
, She's Out of My League
, Comedy Central's Live at Gotham
and the 2010 comedy Get Him to the Greek
, Miller has been named a comedian to watch by a number of publications. Get to know him now so you can say you knew him when.
Quick T.J. Miller Facts:
- T.J. Miller was born and raised in Denver, Colorado.
- He studied classical acting at the British Academy of Dramatic Arts in Oxford, England.
- He moved to Chicago to pursue comedy, where he performed stand-up, participated in several sketch comedy groups and became a regular performer with ImprovOlympic and a touring member with Second City.
- In 2008, Miller was cast as "Hud" (the guy with the camera) in the hit monster movie Cloverfield.
- He was named one of "10 Comics to Watch" by Variety in 2008.
- His first album, The Extended Play E.P., was released in 2011.
- His hourlong stand-up special No Real Reason debuted on Comedy Central the same year.
- In 2014, Miller joined the cast of Mike Judge's HBO comedy series Silicon Valley.
Additional T.J. Miller Facts:
- Miller was named one of 12 Rising Stars of Comedy by Entertainment Weekly in 2008.
- He starred on the short-lived ABC sitcom Carpoolers (created by The Kids in the Hall's Bruce McCulloch) in 2007.
- Miller has also had roles in the Mike Judge comedy Extract, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard and She's Out of My League.
- He is a regular panelist on the E! talk show Chelsea Lately.
- He was named as one of the 10 comics on Comedy Central's "Hot List" in 2009.
If You Like T.J. Miller, Check Out
John Mulaney, Arj Barker, Doug Benson