June 4, 1981
T.J. Miller Overview:
Stand-up comedian and actor T.J. Miller's background ranges from classically trained acting to sketch comedy and improv, and it all comes through in his comedy. With film and TV credits including Cloverfield, She's Out of My League, Comedy Central's Live at Gotham and the 2010 comedy Get Him to the Greek, Miller has been named a comedian to watch by a number of publications. Get to know him now so you can say you knew him when.
Quick T.J. Miller Facts:
- T.J. Miller was born and raised in Denver, Colorado.
- He studied classical acting at the British Academy of Dramatic Arts in Oxford, England.
- He moved to Chicago to pursue comedy, where he performed stand-up, participated in several sketch comedy groups and became a regular performer with ImprovOlympic and a touring member with Second City.
- In 2008, Miller was cast as "Hud" (the guy with the camera) in the hit monster movie Cloverfield.
- He was named one of "10 Comics to Watch" by Variety in 2008.
- His first album, The Extended Play E.P., was released in 2011.
Additional T.J. Miller Facts:
- Miller was named one of 12 Rising Stars of Comedy by Entertainment Weekly in 2008.
- He starred on the short-lived ABC sitcom Carpoolers (created by The Kids in the Hall's Bruce McCulloch) in 2007.
- Miller has also had roles in the Mike Judge comedy Extract, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard and She's Out of My League.
- He is a regular panelist on the E! talk show Chelsea Lately.
- He was named as one of the 10 comics on Comedy Central's "Hot List" in 2009.